Just the Beginning

Blog 1-

Okay Sami's SendOff's Fam, I want to try something new!!!
I've always wanted to create a blog. I love expressing my thoughts through words, and I want to document my journey of Sami's SendOff's where lots of people can see it, especially people who are interested.
I think FB is good at that- so I want to introduce my Facebook Blog!!

I'm going to try and post something once a week on this page!!
I want to be able to communicate with ALL of the members of the Sami's SendOff's fam, and I thought this was such a good way to do it!!

I was going over my info binder for Sami's SendOff's. There has been SO much that has happened since October of 2020!!
I have sent over 45 packages to 18 different states!!!
And if you remember, my goal is to send a package to every state in the country✨

This goal is a goal I built not too long ago, and I am almost half way through it!

I've always been quite the determined type. When I want to get something done, through prayer, perseverance and dedication nothing is impossible. I continue to learn this each day through so many things. Whether it's meeting my favorite football player, or gathering money to see the Jonas brothers... I make it happen. When I really want something, it isn't a choice for me. It's just my nature.

When I first came up with the idea of Sending care packages to kids, it was strictly a project, a one time thing... maybe I'd send a handful out, and I'd be done. It sounded pretty awesome, gave me something to do and I was making kids smile who needed it.

We all know my first package was sent to a little diva, Emily, from Virginia.  Not more than two weeks after she recieved her cute, princess teddy bear in the mail, Em passed away, and at first I didn't know HOW to respond. I had only ever dealt with one other person who lost someone close to them because of childhood cancer. And at the time, I wasn't super close to Em's family, but I had followed their story for months before... so I kind of knew them in a sense.

All it took was reaching out after sweet Emily passed. Getting to know her mama has been amazing. And after I began to know her, and love Em through her, it was a sealed deal.     

I knew what I wanted, and what I had to do.

So, I started an Instagram page.

And in about 24 hours, the page got almost 100 followers... so I was like, "Ok. People are really interested in not only my story, but these kids."  A couple of weeks went by and I started a Facebook page, and somehow, someway, a local news station found my page.

BOOM.

Not even 24 hours after THAT, I recieved $500 in donations... and after a week, nearly $1000. My story was getting out there. People shared it. 

And shared it. 

And shared it again. Mainly my Mom's friends of friends... she knows a lotttttt of people πŸ˜‚.

The point is, people were finding out about my story, and even better, Emily's story... and the amount of support and love we BOTH have gotten in the past 3 and 1/2 months has been absolutely UNREAL!

What really blows my mind is how I'm touching other people's lives... or at least that's what they say πŸ€”.

I have had COUNTLESS people say, "Sam, you brought us out of such a dark time." Or "Sam, you inspire me daily." I'll never understand how I, a 16 year old girl, could change a life... but I absolutely love it. I mean it when I say it's a dream. I finally feel like I have found my purpose; I have found what God WANTS me to do. Every day I keep plugging along, and it's all because of MY purpose.

Not too long ago, I was not totally happy with myself, the things happening around me, and the people I go caught up in at school. I have always been different, and I didn't like that about myself. It was SO toxic, and I needed to escape and actually make my life valuable. I always prayed, "God GIVE ME and opportunity. Present a chance to ME.. to help me change the world." I wanted the oppertunity. In some way, in some kind, I wanted to make a difference.

And not long after COVID-19 appeared, that oppertunity was provided. 

Dang He is so good!

When I look back at these past few months... I'm genuinely amazed. 

This is JUST the beginning. 

This is JUST the start.

I finally found what I dreamed of doing as a little girl, and it's just the beginning!!! There is SO much left in this story, and God reminds me of that every day!!

I'm so deeply in love with what I do, the smiles I bring, and the love I'm able to share to honor our Em. Nothing compares to this feeling.

Half of you have no idea how thankful I am for the relationships I have built. These relationships have helped me SO much. They have gotten me through every anxious thought, bad day, or a gross day when I have a lack of motivation. 

This is JUST the beginning... and I cannot wait to see the rest of this amazing story.

Hopefully y'all  feel the sameπŸ’›


Have a blessed Monday, and remember..

Nothing is ever impossible enough to not happen✨








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Say I Won't